Adobe sells Creative Suite applications in five different combinations called "editions", these include:
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard is an edition of the Adobe Creative Suite 6 family of products intended for professional print, web, interactive and mobile designers.
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium is an edition of the Adobe Creative Suite 6 family of products intended for professional web designers and developers.
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium is an edition of the Adobe Creative Suite 6 family of products intended for professional rich media and video post-production experts who create projects for film, video, broadcast, web, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and mobile devices.
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection contains applications from all of the above editions
- Adobe Creative Cloud is a subscription-based edition of Adobe Creative Suite 6 which allow users to download applications from all of the above editions, as well as access to services for file sharing, collaboration, and publishing.
Adobe also sells Student and Teacher Editions (Student and Teacher Licensing) of the above suites. Starting with CS5, commercial use after graduation is now permitted.
Below is a matrix of the applications that are bundled in each of the software suites for CS6:
Adobe Flash Catalyst, Adobe Contribute, Adobe OnLocation, Adobe Device Central and Adobe Dynamic Link, previously available in CS5.5, have been dropped from the CS6 line-up. Adobe Prelude and Adobe Encore are not released as standalone products. Adobe Encore is available as part of Adobe Premiere Pro. Adobe InCopy, an application closely integrated with Adobe InDesign, is also part of the Creative Suite family, but is not included in any CS6 edition; it can be ordered from Adobe, third party plug-in developers, or systems integrator.